Kontera

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Tip #5-M: The approach

Man, you are so either loving or hating me right now. But hey, it is good advice whether or not you take it. This tip is especially for the shy boys, though there is some good stuff in here for the rest of you. Let me begin with, if you don't try you will never know if you could have succeeded. That being said, confidence is key. Fake it if you have to. I don't want a man that is constantly feeling sorry for himself and being all self deprecating. You need to know your worth, if you don't then you need to spend some alone time and take stock of your life. There has to be something that you like about yourself. Did ya find that thing? Now rock it!!! I don't care how small it is, that is the thing that is going to take you from not liking yourself to loving yourself. You have to love yourself guys, if you have no self respect and self love then you are going to push the girls away with the whining "oh poor me" shit. Trust me, I have been there. I didn't always like myself. I hated myself for a long time, but guess what I don't know. I am fucking phenomenal and I bloody LOVE being me. To get to this point I had to take some stock of life. I had to find something I liked about myself and feed it. I told myself every day that it was awesome and that I was awesome. I basically convinced myself that I rock!!! Yes, this took a bit of time but oh man it was worth it. So finding something you like about yourself and feeding it; telling yourself that you are great because of that quality is your first step. Yes this does lead to the approach my friends.
Next is getting rid of your negative outlook. I mean come on, things can ALWAYS be worse. Take this from a cancer survivor. I didn't have respect for myself, let alone my life before I got that wake up call. Ok, so here is the trick. Think me crazy or not, I don't give a damn, but this works. In every situation in life no matter how crappy, there is something good. Your job is to find one thing every day to be happy about and rock it!!! Come on, there is always something good. Maybe when you got up in the morning your radio was playing one of your favorite songs. Perhaps a coworker said good job. Maybe the sun was shining that day. There has to be at least one thing every day that you can be happy about. At first, this thing will be small and seemingly insignificant, but trust me it is anything but. This one happy thought can lead to more and more happy thoughts. See, chicks find happy semi optimistic guys far hotter. Why? because they carry themselves with confidence and they seem like they would be fun to hang around. We want to hang around someone fun and interesting, not some negative guy that is always feeling sorry for himself. So, the trick to this is that you find one thing a day to begin. Then you find two things and so on and so forth. Then when you have a really shitty situation, you will be so used to finding something positive that you will simply start to see the positive in every situation even the horrid ones.
Comedy break. So, during my research I found some of the most horrid and some of the funniest pick up lines I have ever seen. I really enjoyed some of them, but there is one that I didn't read anywhere that I want to tell you about. This is a true story and it happened to my aunt. She was at a bar and a guy approached her and told her that she was beautiful and in great shape. He asked what she did to stay in shape and she said that she climbs on rocks. So this wonderfully witty man, quick on the draw, sticks out his hand to shake and says "Hi, I'm Rock". It was a cheesy line but so very funny. His wit and confidence won my aunt over and he became her boyfriend. See, confidence will get you there. Here is one that I read today and absolutely loved. This would be a great ice breaker for me because I wouldn't be able to help but smile. Here goes; "I was blinded by your beauty so I am going to need your name and number for insurance purposes". Yes, it is cheesy, but it made me smile. If you can walk up to a girl with confidence and say something like this, she is likely to smile and at least talk with you a while. I am not saying walk up with your chest poked out and say the cheesy line, be humble and willing to laugh at yourself. If you laugh at yourself but run with it, she will dig that. The other thing is that you should be more interested in her than yourself, this is something that you can fake if you have to. You need to remember, we are human too. We are afraid of rejection too. We want to be noticed too. See what I mean? We are just like you in so many ways, but so different as well. Chicks don't go out with the thought of rudely shutting down any guy that asks for their attention. Chances are, even if we aren't interested, we will politely let you know.
If you don't approach and at least attempt a conversation, you will never know if she is digging you. Yeah, rejection blows, I get that. But what blows more is letting the opportunity pass you by. Oh, and if all else fails, you can go for a bit of liquid courage before hand. This will help to quiet some of those pesky inhibitions and allow you to approach a woman with confidence. Just remember that you should always be respectful. If you want to feel the girl out before approaching her there are ways of doing that too. Make eye contact and when you do, smile and give her a slight nod. If she smiles back she is fair game. Go get her tiger!!!
Next is conversation. Remember your confidence and be yourself. If you are confident and easy going she is more likely to accept your advances and talk with you. The key with talking is to say something that fits the situation and that you enjoy talking about. It can be very mundane or very deep, it just needs to be something that has potential to interest her. You will know if you need a subject change believe me. If you are losing her interest then ask something about her. Remember to pay polite compliments and always use your gentlemanly manners. You know, the ones you take out of the closet and dust off when your grandma visits.


website hit counter
free web hit counter download

No comments:

Post a Comment